Thursday, April 17, 2014

An Ode to My Son

This past Tuesday was my son's second birthday. They are correct when they say that time flies. I was looking through pictures of him from when he was a baby and it's hard to imagine how quickly it all came and went. But what a blessing it all has been.

 
This ode to my son was done upon a deep soulful reflection of the gratitude I have for him.
My Son
April 14, 2014

To my sweet son, my blessing from God. How can I accurately express the level of my love? The expansiveness of my gratitude that you decided to be mine. The honor of being the one who caresses your soft hair, gently rocks you to sleep and patiently guides you through life is both overwhelming and abundantly meaningful beyond measure. The twinkle in your eye leads me to know that your life, your journey will be full of adventure, wonder and excitement. The sweetness in your little hugs tells me that the love you have to give to the world is expansive and limitless. You are now two and as I sit here writing this, I'm overjoyed with the life and love you have gifted me with in these few short years. The lessons that God has had you taught me are humbling and a beautiful offering for my soul to expand to heights that it has for so long wanted to reach. You my dear one are a gift to my soul. You are a full time and permanent resident of my heart. My mind will never be the same. And neither will my body. But even that you have made more beautiful. You have forever changed and expanded me. My gratitude to you could fill and overflow the oceans. So today little darling, I say thank you.
Thank you for your presence. Thank you for your fiery nature. Thank you for your sweet embrace. Thank you for your twinkle. You are in fact a star. Thank you for the lessons and the way they expand me and mold me to be bigger, better and humbled. Thank you for teaching me about surrender and to have faith. Thank you for your light and shinning in on me and on everyone you touch. Thank you for your bounce. Thank you for your wit. Thank you for making me excited about the future. Thank you for inspiring me to want to sore to the heights my soul would have me reach. Thank you for expanding my capacity for love to a place that sometimes hurts because my heart is opening so much I feel it might burst. Thank you for the memories. Thank you for the wisdom of knowing there is so much love inside to give. Thank you for making me want to give that love to every child, everywhere because your sweet soul has opened my eyes to see and want to give my love abundantly and freely. I am inspired to pour out my love over the world, like a gentle yet steady rainfall in the spring. I feel compelled to hold and rock to sleep all the lonely, all the gentle, all the innocent and all the seeking souls of the world. Your presence has made me feel God's love and it has brought me to my knees. Yet has taken me to the highest mountain top and given me a glimpse of my purpose for this life. My soul pours out and rejoices in the immense and unwavering gratitude I have to God for you. For you. To you. My gift. My blessed shinning light. I lift you up and give God gratitude from the deepest place within my being. Love fills me deeply. Love envelopes me completely. Love is all that's left of me. And that's perfectly perfect, because love is all I ever want to be. 

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment