Monday, February 10, 2014

My Favorite Way to Eat Oatmeal

Oatmeal is my most visited breakfast staple. And while I've prepared it all sorts of ways from {honey and almond butter} to {blueberries, maple syrup and cinnamon}, my most favorite way to prepare it is with coconut oil, honey, salt, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. It makes for a clean tasting, simple, uncluttered, elegant start to the day.

Coconut oil is a healthy and delicious fat loaded with a whole slew of health benefits. 
My toddler eats what I eat in the morning and he loves this version of oatmeal. Of course he prefers his with raisins and his Elmo spoon. 

--  Elegant Vanilla Oatmeal  --
serves 2

Ingredients
1 Cup - Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
Small pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure local honey
1 tablespoon quality coconut oil
6-8 shakes of cinnamon 
Splash of milk {I like whole milk for it's creaminess but any milk will work nicely. Or since the coconut oil adds a creamy richness on it's own the milk may be omitted for a vegan friendly option}

Instructions
Cook the oats on the stovetop according to the package instruction. Add the salt to the water before placing in the oats. Once the oatmeal is cooked remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir and serve.
Enjoy!

With Love,
Christina 






No comments:

Post a Comment